I've been so excited about today's post!! I applied to take part in piCture pOlish Blog Fest 2013 and really didn't think I'd be chosen to take part but I was! I'm so honoured to be taking part. All of you nail polish fans would have no doubt heard of the wonderful piCture pOlish, they're an Australian indie polish brand that produce the most gorgeous shades and even work with bloggers to create collaboration shades. The blog fest involves bloggers from all around the world blogging about piCture pOlish all on the same day, some years have involved introducing new shades. This year no new shades are being introduced but we were told 'this year it’s all about you and celebrating what you do!'. We were sent 3 shades and had to create nail art with these shades and a tutorial showing how we did this. As you all know I love nail art, so this is very exciting :D
I was sent Kryptonite, Citrus and Focus. Kryptonite is a beautiful green polish jam packed with holographic sparkle, created with Cathy from More Nail Polish. Citrus is a fantastic orange, almost neon creme and Focus is a gorgeous sparkly purple created with Sheila from Pointless Cafe. I love all of these shades and how they are a really unique combination I probably would never have thought to put together. I decided to do roses as to me this combination just screamed flowers to me and I do love flowers! I usually do my nail art with acrylic paints, but we were strictly only allowed to use the polishes provided, however little bits of white are allowed so I gave my roses depth using a white nail art pen. The ring finger I had originally left just with Focus but decided it looked better with swirls of Kryptonite and dots of Citrus. I've made sure that this is a design you can easily recreate. See below for the tutorial.
All participants of blog fest go into the running to be chosen to create a collaboration shade with piCture pOlish launched in 2014 (amazing!!)! There are 3 awards that will be voted and chosen as follows via the special Pinterest Blog Fest 2013 board:
- 1 x Award - as voted by PP friends and fans
- 1 x Award - as voted by all participants of Blog Fest 2013
- 1 x Award - as voted by Jules & Megs of piCture pOlish
I don't expect to win anything but I'm just so happy to be part of this! I hope you all enjoy my design and tutorial! I'm really excited to see all the deisgns :)
piCture pOlish ship internationally and also can be found at other worldwide online stores. Check out their shipping, network and everyday deals pages for further details. You can also follow them on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Google + and YouTube :)
1. Paint all nails apart from the ring fingers with Citrus.
2. Using a nail art brush apply Focus in random blobs. Don't make them really neat circles, they will need to look random.
3. Once dry, apply a second layer of Focus to add more depth. I used the brush to dab rather than paint to give more of a random texture to the roses.
4. Paint in leaves using Kryptonite and the nail art brush.
5. Once dry apply another layer of Kryptonite to build up the colour of the leaves.
6. Use either a nail art pen in white, or white polish/acrylic paint to add in highlights to the roses and leaves, then apply top coat
7. For the ring fingers use 2 coats of focus. Then once dry paint random swirls using kryptonite.
8. Finish with dots of Citrus and seal with a shiny topcoat.
* Make sure to clean your nail art brush as you're painting with nail polish remover or acetone otherwise the brush will go hard as the polish dries.